Sunday, August 17, 2014

My New Boyfriend

How could I become so smitten with some guy I’d only met once?

For the next few days I was in some sort of a daze. All I could think about was how much I wanted to meet Henry again. And by ‘meeting’ him I meant kissing him too. I just knew by instinct he’d be a great kisser, he had this air about him, of being a great lover. Slow, sensual lover who’d whisper in your ear with this deep, soft voice. Mmmm.

However, he was a very busy man, shooting films and commercials on weekends, tutoring at a film school mid-week. And when it wasn’t work related it was AA meetings. Every night, seven nights a week. And on Sundays, he’d go to CoDA meetings in the afternoon as well. He also sometimes had to turn up early to the meetings because he had some sort of a job, arranging the chairs, making coffee and stuff. He was very much into it.

But even though we weren’t seeing much of each other, we talked. A lot. Suddenly I enjoyed talking on the phone for ages, something I’d normally not do. In fact, up until now I thought I suffered from phone-phobia but perhaps I just never had anyone interesting enough to talk to!

I loved hearing Henry’s deep voice over the phone and listen to all his wisdom. He was reading books and contemplating life, death, the universe and such. Thanks to him, I’ve now started reading The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. It’s a nice read, although I think I might have made most of those discoveries a decade ago and would have needed Tolle’s advice much more then.

Still getting texts from Eddie, the boy, though. I keep replying politely but last night, I received two texts, one from Eddie and one from Henry, in the same minute.  

After having texted Henry about how impatient I was getting, waiting for our second date, wondering if he in fact wanted to see me again at all, he replied: “There’s only one moment, this one here and now. And if my moment becomes your moment sometime soon, I will relish that. x” Eddie’s text read: “Hey, u goin out tonite girrrl?”

I lied to Eddie, told him I was having a nice evening in, with my new boyfriend. Well, it wasn’t a complete lie. I wanted to spend that Saturday night in, on the couch… texting Henry, who was technically my soon-to-be-boyfriend anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment